Breaking
  • Pakistan
  • Pak Afghan Talks/Joint Statement
  • Joint Statement issued after talks between pakistan and afghan taliban
  • The parties agreed to establish a monitoring and verification mechanism to maintain peace, statement
  • Spokesperson Foreign Office/Yemen Situation
  • Pakistan reiterates support for diplomatic efforts for peace in Yemen, Foreign Office Pakistan
  • Respect for Yemen’s unity and territorial integrity is essential, Foreign Office Pakistan
  • Pakistan appreciates Saudi Arabia and UAE’s diplomatic efforts, Foreign Office Pakistan
  • Yemeni parties urged to avoid any unilateral actions, Foreign Office Pakistan
  • Constructive efforts needed for comprehensive negotiations and political solution, Foreign Office Pakistan
  • Cricket
  • Pak vs South Africa/2nd Test Match
  • South Africa defeated pakistan by 8 wickets in the 2nd test in Rawalpindi
  • Pakistani Batting line flopped in the 2nd innings of the match
Australia shooting case: Terrorist network fears eliminated
Australia shooting case: Terrorist network fears eliminated, new revelations emerge in investigation

Share

Australia shooting case: Terrorist network fears eliminated, new revelations emerge in investigation

Australian police have confirmed that the father and son involved in the shooting incident at Sydney's famous Bondi Beach acted alone and have not been linked to any major terrorist network.

The incident occurred on December 14 during a Jewish religious ceremony, in which 15 people were killed. According to police, 50-year-old Sajid Akram and his 24-year-old son Naveed Akram attacked, targeting civilians.

Australian Federal Police Commissioner Chrissy Barrett told the media that the investigation has so far found no evidence that the suspects were instructed by any organization or were part of a terrorist cell. According to her, the two men planned the attack individually.

Police say the suspects practiced shotgun shooting in rural areas and released a video in October showing them waving an ISIS flag while using hateful language against Zionism.

The investigation also revealed that the father and son had traveled to the southern Philippine city of Davao, where they were staying at a cheap hotel, before the attack. According to police, the purpose of the trip is still under investigation.

Sajid Akram was killed in police firing during the attack, while his son Naveed Akram is arrested and faces serious terrorism charges, including the murder of 15 people.

Authorities have announced that a minute of silence will be observed in Sydney at 11pm during New Year's celebrations to pay tribute to the dead.

On the other hand, Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has announced stricter gun laws, a large-scale gun buy-back scheme and tougher penalties for hate speech after the incident. It will be the country's biggest arms recall since the 1996 Port Arthur incident.

Security has been tightened in Sydney for New Year's Eve, with police patrolling the festivities with high-powered weapons. New South Wales Premier Chris Munns has said public safety is the government's top priority.
Express your opinion:
😊 Very Good
🙂 Good
😐 Fine
🤔 Could be Better
😡 Strongly Dislike

More from Australia

No related posts found.

💬 Leave a Comment

Recent Comments

No comments yet. Be the first to comment!